Thursday, October 22, 2009

=?Windows-1251?B?VGhhbiB0aGUgcmF0ZSBhbW9uZyB3aGl0ZSBOZXcgWW9ya2VycyB0aGUgcmVwb3J0IGluZGljYXRlZC4gIMKgIlRoZSBpbmZhbnQgbW9ydGFsaXR5IHJhdGUgaXMgYW4gaW5kaWNhdG9yIHVzZWQgdG8gbWVhc3VyZSB0aGUgcXVhbGl0eSBvZiBsaWZlLiAuIC4gIiAgwqDigJRFc3RoZXIgUm9zcyBOZXcgWW9yayBBbXN0ZXJkYW0gTmV3cyBBdWd1c3QgMjEgMTk4MiAgwqAu=?=

In the splendid palace of the Emerald City which is in the center of the fairy Land of Oz is a great Throne Room where Princess Ozma the Ruler for an hour each day sits in a throne of glistening emeralds and listens to all the troubles of her people which. effexor xr online "John Merrick leave my presence. " "All right Jane. " He stopped to light his pipe and then slowly walked away leaving an embarrassed group behind him. Patsy however was equal to the occasion. She began at once to chatter about Dr. Eliel and the scar that would always show on her forehead; and how surprised the Major her father would be when he returned from the visit to his colonel and found his daughter had been through the wars herself and bore the evidence of honorable wounds. Louise gracefully assisted her cousin to draw Aunt Jane into a more genial mood and between them they presently succeeded. The interview that had begun so un! fortunately ended quite pleasantly and when Patricia returned to her room her aunt bade her adieu almost tenderly. "In fact " said Louise to Beth in the privacy of the latter's chamber "I'm getting rather worried over Aunt Jane's evident weakness for our Cousin Patsy. Once or twice today I caught a look in her eye when she looked at Patsy that she has never given either you or me. The Irish girl may get the money yet. " "Nonsense " said Beth. "She has said she wouldn't accept a penny of it and I'm positive she'll keep her word. " CHAPTER XVII. AUNT JANE'S HEIRESS. "Silas " said Aunt Jane to her lawyer the next morning after her interview with Patsy "I'm ready to have you draw up my will. " Mr. Watson gave a start of astonishment. In his own mind he had arrived at the conclusion that the will would never be executed and to have Miss Merrick thus suddenly declare her decision was enough to startle even the lawyer's natural reserve. "Very well Jane " he said briefly. Th! ey were alone in the invalid's morning room Phibbs having been asked to retire. "There is no use disguising the fact Silas that I grow weaker every day and the numbness is creeping nearer and nearer to my heart " said Miss Merrick in her usual even tones. "It is folly for me to trifle with these few days of grace yet allowed me and I have fully made up my mind as to the disposition of my property. " "Yes?" he said enquiringly and drew from his pocket a pencil and paper. "I shall leave to my niece Louise five thousand dollars. " "Yes Jane " jotting down the memorandum. "And to Elizabeth a like sum. " The lawyer seemed disappointed. He tapped the pencil against his teeth musingly for a moment and then wrote down the amount. "Also to my brother John Merrick the sum of five thousand dollars " she resumed. "To your brother?" "Yes. That should be enough to take care of him as long as he lives. He seems quite simple in his tastes and he is an old man. " The lawyer wrote it down. "All my other remaining property both real and personal I shall le! ave to my niece Patricia Doyle. " "Jane!" "Did you hear me?" "Yes. " "Then do as I bid you Silas Watson. ". ffsef45456sr5ttgklkszzxxx6e

No comments:

Post a Comment